WOOD BRICKS, A CLEVER HEATING SOLUTION!
Wood briquettes (aka wood bricks) are a really great alternative to heating with cord wood. Lewis wood bricks or Fiber Fuel bricks are 2 pounds of compressed kiln dried wood waste. They can be burned by themselves or, if you prefer, added to cord wood to produce a cleaner burning fuel. Heating with wood bricks produces a longer heat time with more BTU value than cord wood alone. There are no binders or glues added to form the wood bricks, it is the natural result of applying high pressure to the wood waste. Fiber Fuel Bricks make a great alternative to conventional firewood and the perfect solution for someone who wants to diminish their dependency on fossil fuels but does not want to deal with the rigors of firewood.
WHY SHOULD YOU SWITCH FROM CORD WOOD?
Convenient and easy to use: Usually when your cords of wood are delivered, they are dumped on your lawn or in your driveway. Moving, hauling and often splitting the wood follows because of the inconsistent size of the wood delivered. In some cases, your firewood is not ready to use and needs to be dried for at least one season. This causes you to spend even more time and effort. Firewood takes up a lot more space than wood bricks (one pound of compressed briquettes is equal to 1.7 pounds of cordwood in terms of how much BTU value you get). One pallet of wood bricks is equivalent to one cord of seasoned firewood – this is a significant amount of space saved. The small, compact size of wood bricks allows them to stack more easily than firewood.
Environment friendly and clean burning: The use of wood as a fuel source instead of fossil fuels is not only more economical, but it is also better for the environment. When wood is burned the only greenhouse gases it can emit are the ones it took in while it was living. Therefore, the carbon foot print for burning Lewis Fiber Fuel Bricks is zero.
Fiber Fuel bricks are ready to use immediately after you purchased them. There is no need to season or dry them before use like you would firewood. This also reduces the risk of bringing mold, insects and dirt into your house.
Fiber Fuel is a two pound wood brick used to complement or replace standard firewood.
Easy to use, easy storage, and easy clean up.
Because the bricks are made from 100% kiln dried wood waste, there is much less moisture (6-8% less) that could cause improper combustion. This then lessens the risk of creosote buildup in chimneys and ultimately means less risk of chimney fires. It also means that there is less ash (under 0.4 %) than hard wood and reduced emissions and maintenance.
- Lewis Wood bricks burn at about 8988 BTU/lb with a moisture of 6-8% – much more efficient than air dried cord wood, which typically burns at 6500 BTU/lb.
- One Lewis Fiber Fuel brick produces approximately 17,800 BTU's.
- 12 bricks per bag and 84 bags per pallet.
- One pallet of Lewis Fiber Fuel Bricks (84 bags = 1008 Bricks x 2 lb = 2016 lb) produces approximately 17,942,400 BTU's
- Cord wood is usually delivered with undesirable qualities: too big/little, dry or too wet. Seasoned firewood has around 20% moisture content (1 cord = roughly 2300 pound) with just 14,950,000 BTU´s.
- Free from chemicals and insects
- 6-8% less moist when compared to firewood
- Environmentally friendly, clean and consistent burning with a higher heat and BTU output compared to firewood
- Easier to handle and store
- An extremely convenient and efficient solution